The handcrafted girth is fitted with genuine lambskin on one side and a robust and hard-wearing quilted fabric on the other.
Its anatomical half-moon shape adapts to the curvature of the stomach and thus prevents unwanted movements. The Western Saddle Girth is shorter at the front than at the back between the two roller attachment loops. Particularly suitable for horses with a "rounder" belly. This allows for a wider opening towards the back to give the tummy more space. As a result, the Western Saddle Girth "Moon" is no longer pulled forward and fits perfectly. The special cut ensures elbow freedom.
The Anatomic Western Saddle Girth from Christ is made of genuine, medically tanned lambskin. The buckles and D-rings are made of stainless steel. The wool height is approx. 30 mm
- Machine washable with a lambskin detergent & dryer resistant
- The buckle attachments are not elastic and the lambskin is not removable
- The length is measured from buckle spike to buckle spike
Available lengths: 26"- 65cm / 28"- 70cm / 30"-75cm / 32"-80cm / 34"-85cm / 36"-90cm
Available colour combinations: black-natural, brown-natural or brown-brown
Properties of the medically tanned lambskins by Christ:
- Breathable: humidity and heat are wicked away (faster than with synthetics)
- Temperature balancing: pleasant on hot summer days and warming in the cold season
- Balances the humidity: lambskin can absorb up to 30% of moisture without feeling damp
- Odourless: Due to the special tanning process, lambskins by Christ are neutral in scent
- Antibacterial: lambskin consists of 100% collagen and therefore does not provide a breeding ground for viruses or bacteria
- Relaxing & stimulates blood circulation
- Natural self-cleaning power: The scaly structure of the lambskin's wool fibres repels dirt
Machine washable on a wool cycle at max. 30 ° C and a low spin cycle. Please, close existing Velcro straps when washing. We recommend the Christ lambskin detergent C7. After washing, the lambskin products can be tumble dried up to 40 ° C.
All Christ products are made of real lambskin, which comes from southern Chile and Australia. Since the sheep are only kept outdoors, they have a particularly thick, long-haired and extremely soft coat. The golden hue is the result of medical tanning. In the in-house tannery, the skins are only gently tanned with REACH-compliant EU products. The lambskins are by-products of the food industry and are ecologically and sustainably processed by Christ. Thanks to the unique tanning method, the lambskins are particularly skin-friendly, easy to wash and therefore ideal for humans and animals.